Each application will be carefully reviewed and given consideration. A recruiter will contact candidates whose background most closely matches the requirements of the position. Applications are not automatically matched with new vacant positions, so check back frequently and apply for new positions that may be of interest. Once you apply, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application. Applications/resumes are only accepted online. Unsolicited resumes and applications cannot be considered.
The goal of our interviewing process is to ensure that your experience, skills, and objectives correspond with the needs and mission of Virginia Housing and the position. We encourage our candidates to take the time to learn as much about us as we are going to learn about you.
Every candidate invited on site will participate in a panel-style Behavioral Interview. This format provides you the opportunity to illustrate how your experiences match the responsibilities of the position. You will be asked to share examples of situations where you have encountered specific challenges or handled certain tasks. The panel will be looking to hear about the situation, the actions you took, and the outcome of those actions.
Some candidates will also be asked to participate in an Experiential Interview. This style of interview provides the panel an opportunity to see your practical experience in action. This gives you the chance to highlight your ability to analyze challenges, solve problems, and communicate your results.
Preparing for Your Interview
- Our website is full of important information. We suggest you become familiar with our mission, programs and history.
- Review the job posting / position description and be prepared to discuss how your experience meets the requirements and demonstrates your ability to handle the responsibilities.
- Prepare questions for the panel. Remember, we want you to learn about us – and we love to brag about Virginia Housing!
- Relax! Interviews are not supposed to be stressful! We like to think of them as informative conversations.
- Once interviews conclude, a decision regarding the status of the position will be made. Each applicant will receive correspondence advising them of the position’s status at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
Good luck! We appreciate your time and interest and hope to have the chance to meet you!
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability who needs accommodations to apply for a position with Virginia Housing, or if you have questions regarding reasonable accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 877-843-2123 or [email protected].